Capturing the Notes and Reflections of Eugene H. Peterson
When author and pastor Eugene H. Peterson created The Message, he took the colloquial quality of the ancient Hebrew and Greek originals and put it into the American English that people use in their workplaces and around the house. What makes The Message a unique translation of choice is it is written in verse-numbered paragraphs in a single-column format, making it like a novel.
The Message Study Bible combines this best-selling contemporary translation with personal insights from Peterson’s lifetime of studying the Word.
• 640 notes from the writings and sermons of Eugene H. Peterson
• Contemplative readings and prayers throughout the text
• Peterson's introductory essay “Reading the Scriptures”
• A comprehensive bibliography of Peterson’s writings
• Peterson's biography and the complete list of translation consultants for The Message
• Blank pages for personal notes and reflections
• Verse-numbered, single-column format, making The Message very much a reading Bible
Do not be put off by the fact that this is written in ‘American English’ - it is both enjoyable and understandable!
Details for The Message Study Bible: Hardback
Author / Artist Eugene H. Peterson
Book Format Hardback
Number of Pages 2071
Thickness 43 mm
Height 242 mm
Width 160 mm