Many problems in our churches are the same ones the Corinthians struggled with. Pride and arrogance; misunderstanding the gospel; thinking that the Christian life is more about health and wealth than about suffering and persevering to reach glory. Use this lively guide to get to grips with this challenging letter.
Just like the Corinthians, we get stuck in the here and now, and forget about eternity. Like them, we are more impressed by fame and fortune than by faithfulness to Jesus Christ. We too struggle when life gets hard, and would love life to be a prosperous bed of roses. We would love to be strong, but know that we are weak - fragile clay pots that are filled with the immense treasure of God’s grace.
So Paul’s letter speaks to us as it spoke to them - about the way of true discipleship. And the reality he paints is not for the faint-hearted. Because it involves suffering as well as comfort. It means listening to hard truth as well as receiving and enjoying forgiveness. It involves dying to ourselves and the world, as well as living for the Lord.
Table of contents
1. Suffering and comfort - God's work in our troubles (2 Corinthians 1 v 1-11)
2. Faithful or fickle? - When plans have to change (2 Corinthians 1 v 12 - 2 v 4)
3. Truth and forgiveness - Speaking out in Christ (2 Corinthians 2 v 5 - 3 v 6)
4. The old and the new - The difference that Christ makes (2 Corinthians 3 v 7-18)
5. Fragile yet eternal - How to keep going (2 Corinthians 4 v 1-18)
6. Clothed or naked? - Looking ahead to eternity (2 Corinthians 5 v 1-10)
7. Life and death - Why we share the gospel (2 Corinthians 5 v 11-21)
8. Grace, not stumbling blocks - Helping and being helped (2 Corinthians 6 v 1 - 7 v 1)
9. Discipline and encouragement - Responding to godly correction (2 Corinthians 7 v 2-16)
Use this lively guide to get to grips with what it means to live as God’s ‘new creation’ in the old creation that is passing away.
Author / Artist James Hughes
Book Format Paperback / softback
Publisher Good Book Company
Number of Pages 96
Thickness 10 mm
Height 203 mm
Width 137 mm