7 studies for individuals or groups.
Do you feel like an ordinary Christian. Not especially gifted or knowledgeable. Does anyone really notice your faith? Does any of it matter? Time to take a look at the Thessalonians.
When this group of ordinary first-century pagans believed in Jesus Christ, they changed so dramatically that many others across the Roman world were imitating their faith, hope and love. The apostle Paul, thrilled to see their vibrant Christian lives, recorded his delight in this lovely warm letter, packed with advice and encouragement to keep going. This was a transformation that would change lives, cultures and destinies far beyond first century Macedonia.
Learn through this Good Book Guide how an unremarkable, pointless existence, can be transformed into lives marked by an unshakeable faith, overflowing love and sensational hope. It is this kind of life that ordinary Christians like you are called to. So that, in the our world of suffering, hostility and trials we will be blameless and holy when our Lord Jesus comes.
Table of contents
1. Christian encouragement (1 Thessalonians overview)
2. What a difference! (1 Thessalonians 1:1-10)
3. How to please God - Part 1 (1 Thessalonians 2:1-16)
4. Does your faith work? (1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:13)
5. How to please God - Part 2 (1 Thessalonians 4:1-12)
6. Hope that inspires (1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11)
7. Faith, love and hope (1 Thessalonians 5:12-28)
Author / Artist Mark Wallace
Book Format paperback
Publisher Good Book Company
Number of Pages 64
Height 210 mm
Width 140 mm